Tim & Pam Strickland Family Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

2013 Strickland Quotes of the Year!!

The Strickland Family’s 2013 Quotes of the Year

Merry Christmas everyone! As the year draws to a close, we want to share our 2013 Quotes of the Year!


A memorable quote can inspire, uplift or entertain. Quotes that stand the test of time usually have sound-bite brevity and a uniqueness all their own.

Well, as Stricklands, if there’s one thing we are, we’re unique. And if there’s one thing we can do, we can turn a phrase.

So now, we are pleased to present our 2013 Quotes of the Year. These are actual verbatims, recorded in the moment – admittedly, on most occasions, to the chagrin of the speaker. We may not be statesmanlike, but we darn sure can churn out the dialogue.

Animal Kingdom
Man’s best friends would be lost without us.

"OK, the different types of animals are fish, birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians and citrus." – Nate

"Get offa me. You smell like goats." – Megan

"Meow." – Archie and Marley. About 7,000 times apiece. In an airplane.

"A dog named Elder Strickland … obviously inherited its laziness from me." – Zac


"How long has Archie been sitting out here with a hat on his head?" – Dad

"This stupid British goat." – Nate

"Megan is a pink giraffe who owns 500 cats." – Tabitha

"No joke. I think I got Ham sick. Or vice versa." – Nate

"I wish I was a worm with a hippo butt. No, wait. It needs to be a rhino butt, but it's not a butt. It's a face. On a butt." – Tabitha

"You look like you're birthing an elephant." -- Cati

Proverbs
Words to live by. Profundity in its finest form.

"Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he spends $1,000 on fishing gear." – Dad

"Give a teenager a sandwich, and he eats for a day. Teach a teenager to make a sandwich, and your kitchen will be a wreck forever." – Nate

"No one likes going through hard times, but they make for great scholarship essays." – Cati

Achievements
We sure are proud of ourselves.

"I went through 13 years of school. I know how to work a suction cup." – Cati

"Look! I can make my muscle move!" – Megan

"I can wear shoes now!" – Zac

"I can be your very own personal tutu." – Tabby

"I could have won the state national championship." – Nate

"Yes, I actually ate after someone. I know you are proud of me." – Dad

"I'm all fine and yankee doodle dandy." – Nate

"I peed in Idaho! When we go to Utah can I pee there too?" – Tabby

"YESSS!! I'm disgusting and difficult!" – Nate

Conversations
Around here, lively repartee is never in short supply.

Mom: "You know who else got bad grades?"
Nate: "Who?"
Mom: "Exactly. Some guy you've never heard of because he's in the gutter somewhere."

Tabby: "I have to pee. Can we stop?"
Cati: "PEE IN A BOTTLE!"

Mom: "Happy Monday!"
Nate: "That's the mother of all oxymorons."

(Mostly in a sort of French-ish accent)
Nate: Guez what?
Mom: Zwut?
Nate: What?
Mom: Zwat!
Nate: I zayz, "Guez what?"
Mom: And I zayz, "Zwut!"
Nate: Oh ... I forgot....


Mom: "You are looking awesome, girl."
Cati: "Hahaha thanks Mom."
Mom: "What's with the haha's? I'm dead serious! If it weren't so inappropriate for a mom to say, I might even go so far as to say you are HOT!"

Dad: "Tabby, put your  phone away."
Tabby: "But my friend is having a crisis!"
Nate: "It's about a boy. That's her crisis."
Dad: "Tell her I said stay away from boys. They're nothing but trouble. Crisis solved. Let's move on."

Mom: "SCREECH!!"
Sound effects: "Crash! Clatter!"
<silence>
Dad: "Was that the pie?"

Dad: "Tabby, you can do this. Twirling noodles is not hard. In no time we'll turn you into a regular lady."
Nate: "Yeah, he's trying to turn me into a regular lady too."

Tabby: "Nate, you're such an undergarment."
Nate: "I'm an undergarment!"
Dad: "Congratulations Nate. I know lots of people who aren't undergarments."
Mom: "And I know lots of undergarments who aren't people."

Nate: "Americans! I swear!"
Dad: "Yeah, they don't even know where Canadia is."

Tim: "Welcome to the first day of your 48th year."
Pam: "Thaaanks. I was 46 just two days ago."

Tabby: "Right Megan?"
Megan: "I don't know what we're talking about. But yes."

Nate: “Dad, you’re closer to 98 than to birth.”
Cati: “Probably closer to death.”

Romance
Ah, those special occasions when our hearts turn to love. Or not.

"I don't know what the appeal is. You get slobber all over you and you have a bruise for the next week." – Megan, regarding hickeys

"ONLY THIRTEEN GUYS IN MY WARD WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON. And 100 girls! And they're all freaking gorgeous! I'm going to die alone." – Cati, via text from college

"The entire apartment agrees that I was probably making out with Elder Humpherys' foot." – Zac

"What's the point of your roommate getting married if you can't be a bridesmaid?" – Cati

"If Nate doesn't marry Jenna, he's grounded." – Dad

"He said, 'Hey, I've been thinking about you lately. What's new with you?' That's the same as saying, 'I want to marry you someday.'" -- Cati

"Aaand, you're snuggling with my feet." -- Tabby

The Three Rs
Readin’, ’ritin’ and ’rithmatic at their genius best.

"Or, we could rent one of those movies. It's five dollars for a month. That's only ... umm ... six dollars a day." – Nate

"S as in smart, M as in Mormons, A as in Aphrodite, R as in raccoon, T as in tarnacles, if that's a word." – Tabitha

"48 hours is a lot longer than two days." – Nate

"I was up. Can't able to sleep." – Megan

"Sunday comes right before M, right?" – Nate


Adversity
The trials of life might not make us stronger, but they definitely make us more quotable.

"I took a picture of myself and the flash turned me into Voldemort's daughter." – Megan

"I never say anything funny, apparently." – Megan

"Life is a lot harder without thumbs." – Nate

"My butt is getting flabby." – Zac

"I feel like I'm wearing a grandma couch." – Nate

"I really think I pulled a muscle in my armpit." – Cati

"I may be too late to be on time." – Mom

"We're too tired to get up just so you can go to bed." – Mom

"I just want to lay on my face and throw up a little." – Megan

"Stretch out your hip flexors or you'll die." – Mom

Etiquette
We are models of high-society manners, politeness and decorum.

"He's gonna be, like, president of the Proper Etiquette Club of the United States." – Cati

"Don't talk with your mouth open." – Megan, with her mouth open

"I went to a party last night. It was so crazy, all the toenail polish fell off my toes." – Cati

"She is the cutest toilet I ever saw." – Mom

“Putting off showering for a couple of days is better than standing in a bucket splashing water on yourself with a cup.” – Zac

"Were you not listening to the conversation you were having?" – Nate

"I'm feeling your face. Don't touch me." – Megan

"Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh. Don't judge me." – Megan

"Your interesting sister is wearing a hanger on her face." – Dad

"I'm gonna asparagus your face." – Megan

"I spilled mouthwash all over First Nephi." – Nate

"I just want to, like, smack him with a pancake." – Tabby

“Wagwan now, overpriced email shop as fast as a slug and as saintly as the seventh circle?” – Zac

"I'm judging you on how curved you are." – Dad

"I'm going to stop talking and change your name in my contacts from 'Dad' to 'weird guy I met on the street once.'" – Nate

"I didn't know you were wearing glasses. I just thought your makeup looked like glasses." – Cati

"Your head is too big for your head." – Megan

“I’m wearing a skirt. I don't know where it's at." -- Megan

"Dad, you're dancing to Beyonce. Stop it." -- Nate

"Your father corrupted you." -- Mom

"I'm sorry. I didn't know your leg would bend like that." -- Dad

“He told his friend he was going to come to church if he had to kill someone. And sure enough, he came, though we made sure to go over the sixth commandment with him just in case.” – Zac

"I'm gonna Three Stooges your face." -- Nate

"Hey guys! Dad is twerking!" -- Nate

"You're an evil Darth Vader Grinch." -- Tabby

"I'm gonna bald you, mustache you and fat you." -- Tabby

"It's like a skin tattoo on your lips." -- Nate

The Well-Informed
Knowledge never escapes us, because we’re sharp. Just like old cheddar.

"We should send cheese to Zac because aged cheese tastes better." – Nate

“What if Zac was born first?” – Cati

"English. What a country." – Dad

"How do they do that without giving the grapes surgery?" – Megan

"We have voice boxes? Are they really, like, boxes?" – Tabby

"So, are these PAST alumni?" – Megan

"And the one 5 dollar bill looked EXACTLY like the other 5 dollar bill." – Mom

"Just because something's skinny doesn't mean it's not bulky." – Nate

"Peach fuzz! That's why it's called peach fuzz?" – Megan

"Grandbabies is grandbabies." – Mom

"He's ALWAYS awake! Except when he's asleep." – Megan

"Whatever it was, it was obvious." – Mom

"Your other neck." – Dad

"People are aliens." – Cati

"We would be crazy not to lose our minds." – Dad

"What does the duck say?" – Dad

"I can't unhear Obama now." -- Cati

“Uh … I guess I’m really decisive? Maybe?” – Zac

"That's a definite maybe." -- Dad

"I think easy is easier." -- Nate

The Culinary Arts
Fine dining. At its finest. Seriously.

“Eating gas station ice cream will give you runny belly.” – Zac

"I had angel hair all my life and then I tried regular spaghetti and said, 'What is this magical stuff?'" -- Cati

"Please bless the treat that it may be safe." -- Megan

"I taco'd yet another wheel." – Zac

"I'm gonna have a heart attack. I'm eating too much junk. Good junk, though." -- Megan

"She has a big esophagus." -- Megan

"Look! There's a dog in that car! Oh wait ... it's just a guy eating a banana." -- Tabby

“Eating mac and cheese is fun!” – Zac

"The problem is I eat junk food and broth." -- Megan

"I want something to drink that's a liquid." – Tabby

Potpourri
See if you can figure these out. If you do, let us know what they mean. Please.

"Where are you going to find a nose in my hair?" – Tabitha

"You need to get up so I can fall over." – Mom

"I don't try new things that I don't like." – Megan

"I use that tune to sing 'Tiny Bladders.'" – Dad

“I bought a new bike, and they gave me a box.” – Zac

"I love you Furry Murray and Helen the Felon." – Megan

“All my other companions are dead, apparently.” – Zac

"I'm over here dusting a tree." – Cati

"Slow down faster." – Dad

“Everyone was hobbling the next day. It was super fun.” – Zac

"I went and got your body from Safeway. You can go get my iPad from upstairs." – Mom

"I need to find the one that I found." – Megan

"I don't make sense. That's the definition of me." – Tabby


"All women need a tag tucker." – Dad

"I'm suing America." – Nate

"Next semester I'll bring home the real fake baby." -- Tabby

"I can't go on a mission until next year's quotes of the year come out." -- Cati

"I'm seriously behind in my football watching." --Dad

“Indeed, if you were to keep track of all my offspring, I have four children, one stepchild, three grandchildren, and one great-grandchild.” – Zac

"Her face should be a Quote of the Year." -- Tabby

Special Guest Quote
This comment, from a local LDS missionary, pretty much sums up 2013 for the Stricklands.

"You people really do need your own TV show." – Elder Derbidge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home